Saturday, February 16, 2019

BRIDAL QUESTION #2 CAN I WEAR RED LIPS AT MY WEDDING.

One of the questions I often get asked is:  Can I wear red lips on my wedding day?

My answer is always yes, yes and yes!  If red lips are your thing, go for it.  Red lips make a statement and really pop in photos.  The secret is to keep the eyes and cheeks soft and pretty and let the red lips be the makeup star.  Granted red lips are a bit more work than a nude or pink, but so worth it.


Red Lip Tips:

Stay away from liquid lipsticks.  Why?  These lipsticks do have staying power, but they also tend to look dry, peel and crack.  And once these lipsticks start to peel, there is no way to fix the damage other than to take it off and start all over.  What bride has time for that nonsense on her wedding day?

My red lip lip secret it to use a regular lipstick in a satin or semi-matte formula.  Use a red lip pencil to fill in the entire lip and apply three thin layers of lipstick with a puff of  translucent powder between each layer.  Finish with a final layer of lipstick.  Never use gloss or you will be asking for greasy mess.

I used this technique on my lovely bride Kristin (pictured below) and she swore to me she didn't need to touch up her lips the entire night!!


1 comment:

  1. Very much useful blog on beauty and tips to maintain our beauty.This is the one of the best article I have read in recent days.Keep update and share your ideas..
    hair salon in vizag
    Best spa in vizag
    best spa and salon in vizag

    ReplyDelete